6:00pm (Vigil) |
Adoration: After Mass on Saturdays
St. Patrick’s Church, The Island, was built by Fr. Robbins who was curate in Rahan from 1834 to 1847. The Island was formerly called the Island of Clonkeen. Bishop Anthony McGeoghegan, O.F.M., of Clonmacnoise, ordained St. Oliver Plunkett priest and deacon, in Rome in 1654. He later retired to Clonkeen and ordained priests in Ballycumber and Clonkeen during the penal times. The church was formally dedicated to St. Carthage but is now dedicated to St. Patrick.
The Island Webcam
Live web streaming from St. Patrick’s, The Island.