RAHAN PARISH COMMUNITY


Go to content

St Patrick's The Island

The Churches

St. Patrick’s Church, The Island, was built by Fr. Robbins who was curate in Rahan from 1834 to 1847. The Island was formerly called the Island of Clonkeen. Bishop Anthony McGeoghegan, O.F.M., of Clonmacnoise, ordained St. Oliver Plunkett priest and deacon, in Rome in 1654. He later retired to Clonkeen and ordained priests in Ballycumber and Clonkeen during the penal times. The church was formally dedicated to St. Carthage but is now dedicated to St. Patrick

Home Page | The Parish | The Churches | Obituaries | Sacraments | Schools | Family Prayer | Picture Gallery | Clubs and Groups | History | Publications | Site Map


Sub-Menu:


Back to content | Back to main menu